A Great Place to Live!
Douglas County is nationally known as a great place to live, work, play, and raise a family.
Douglas County is a gateway into the majestic Pikes Peak region and centrally located between Denver and Colorado Springs.
* Douglas County is one of the fastest growing counties in Colorado.
* U.S. Census Bureau released 2016
Outstanding Recreation and Culture
The Pike National Forest and three State Parks offer Douglas County residents over 146,000 acres for various outdoor recreational activities.
270-acre Philip S. Miller Park in Castle Rock opened in 2014 and includes a fieldhouse, indoor leisure/lap pool, outdoor lighted athletic field, Zip Line Tours, 7.4 mile trail network, 200-step Challenge Staircase, plenty of parking, landscaping and basic park-wide infrastructure.
Watch the video of current and future plans.
The different communities within Douglas County offer world-class golfing, first-rate shopping, fine dining and impressive arts and cultural activities.
Visit www.douglas.co.us for more information about Douglas County, CO.
* Douglas County School District (DCSD) is the 3rd largest school district in Colorado and 59th largest in the nation.
* CDE press release January 2016
* DCSD has one of the highest graduation rates in the Denver Metro Area. According to the Colorado Department of Education, the rates have risen steadily from 81.9% in 2009 to 90% in 2015.
* DCSD press release January 2016
Visit www.dcsdk12.org for more information about Douglas County School District