Philip S. Miller Library Castle Rock Community Bandstand
The Town of Castle Rock and Douglas County Libraries partner to bring cultural performances and demonstrations to the Philip S. Miller Library Castle Rock Community Bandstand.
Any person or group is encouraged to book the bandstand to host a free cultural performance or demonstration.
Spread the word about this free opportunity to share music, art, and a variety of other talents with the community. Questions can be directed to Patti Handby at the Philip S. Miller Library at 303-791-READ.
General Use Guidelines:
- Facility use must not disrupt the use of the library by others.
- Please do not attach any material to the bandstand structure.
- Users are responsible for setup/clean-up of chairs, tables and any refreshments, subject to fees for cleaning, repairs or replacements due to excessive damage.
- Light refreshments may be served. Alcoholic beverages are prohibited unless special permission is granted by the Douglas County Libraries Board of Trustees. Please see a staff member or the Alcohol Use Request Form for information on how to submit an application.
- Douglas County Libraries does not provide storage before or after facility use. Douglas County Libraries is not responsible for items left on the premises.
Castle Rock Community Bandstand
- The Castle Rock Community Bandstand is available to all nonprofit, community and for-profit groups, regardless of their beliefs or affiliations. For questions or help in reserving the bandstand, call 303-791-7323 or visit Douglas County Libraries, Philip S. Miller branch, 100 S. Wilcox St., Castle Rock.
- Use of the bandstand is free for nonprofit and community groups, which are also given preference in reservations. Proof of status may be required, in the form of an IRS Form 501(c)(3), Articles of Incorporation or a Tax Exempt Certificate.
- For-profit groups may reserve the bandstand when space is available. Donations to the library are encouraged.
- Private parties or receptions are not permitted.
- Groups will be limited to one bandstand event per month.
- The bandstand is available for use during the library's regular hours, and before/after hours with the library manager's approval. Restroom facilities will not be available at after-hours events.
- Events at the bandstand are free and open to the public except by special permission by the library manager; the collection of donations is permissible. CDs or other event-related merchandise may be sold with a valid Business and Sales Tax License from the Town of Castle Rock.
- The bandstand is a covered, open-sided performance area located in the west parking lot of Douglas County Libraries, Philip S. Miller branch, 100 S. Wilcox St., Castle Rock. It is equipped with electrical outlets and will accommodate a sound system and folding chairs.
- Permission to use facilities does not constitute endorsement by the library. No advertisement or announcement implying such endorsement will be permitted.
- Cancellations must be made 24 hours in advance of scheduled usage. Please call 303-791-7323 in the event of inclement weather.
- Library-sponsored meetings, workshops, and events are those that are organized, co-organized, or specifically requested by library staff. These events will be promoted via Douglas County Libraries' standard publicity channels.
- Non-library-sponsored meetings, workshops, and events are those scheduled to occur in library facilities, but which do not qualify as library-sponsored events and do not receive support from library staff or resources beyond the provision of the facility. Please include the following statement on any/all promotional materials, including, but not limited to signs/posters, flyers/mailings, press releases, online promotions, etc.:
[Event] is funded and presented by [organization/individual] and is not sponsored by Douglas County Libraries. For more information, please contact [insert your contact name & phone number; do NOT include library contact information without prior consent from the manager of the library where your meeting will be held].
Access to free meeting rooms is a service of Douglas County Libraries. Donations are appreciated.