Local Author Showcase Details and Deadlines
Douglas County Libraries is fortunate to be approached by many local authors who would like to share their work with library patrons through presentations and signing events. DCL is a passionate advocate for literacy and lifelong learning, and supports local authors in their efforts.
To serve both local authors and library patrons, Douglas County Libraries offers eight Local Author Showcase events. Each Showcase features up to12 authors; each has five minutes to talk about his or her book(s). After all the presentations, authors may meet, talk with, and sell their books to those attending.
- Authors must bring their own books to sell and will be responsible for all sales (types of currency accepted, sales taxes, etc.).
- Books must have first publication dates of 2012 or later.
- Authors who have had prior Douglas County Libraries’ presentation/signing events will not be eligible to participate in a Showcase for the same book.
- Each participating author must email an event invitation (to be provided by Douglas County Libraries) to 25 people in the area, or provide the library with a list of 25 email addresses to be used for the same purpose.
- Douglas County Libraries will publicize each Showcase through other channels (posters, e-newsletters, email blasts, press releases and social media, or some subset of these).
- Douglas County Libraries will provide meeting rooms, tables, refreshments and library staff to do introductions for each Showcase event.
- There will be no charge for the authors or for those attending.
Please note: Applications must be submitted by the deadline of your earliest preferred Showcase date. Applications are accepted on a first come, first served basis, and Showcases fill up quickly.