Local Author Showcase Details and Deadlines
Douglas County Libraries is fortunate to be approached by many local authors who would like to share their work with library patrons through presentations and signing events. DCL is a passionate advocate for literacy and lifelong learning, and supports local authors in their efforts.
To serve both local authors and library patrons, Douglas County Libraries offers six Local Author Showcase events. We still have three open this year. Each Showcase features up to12 authors; each has five minutes to talk about his or her book(s). After all the presentations, authors may meet, talk with, and sell their books to those attending.
- Authors must bring their own books to sell and will be responsible for all sales (types of currency accepted, sales taxes, etc.).
- Books must be published and have first publication dates of 2013 or later.
- Authors who have had prior Douglas County Libraries’ presentation/signing events will not be eligible to participate in a Showcase for the same book.
- Each participating author must email an event invitation (to be provided by Douglas County Libraries) to 25 people in the area, or provide the library with a list of 25 email addresses to be used for the same purpose.
- Douglas County Libraries will publicize each Showcase through other channels (posters, e-newsletters, email blasts, press releases and social media, or some subset of these).
- Douglas County Libraries will provide meeting rooms, tables, refreshments and library staff to do introductions for each Showcase event.
- There will be no charge for the authors or for those attending.
|Event Date/Time||DCL Location|
|Sunday, June 21 at 2pm||Philip S. Miller Branch|
|Saturday, August 15 at 2pm||Parker Library Branch|
|Saturday, November 7 at 2pm||James H. LaRue Branch|
Please note: Application must be submitted by the deadline of your earliest preferred Showcase date. Applications are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis, and Showcases fill up quickly.
Participation in Local Author Showcase is by application only. Please complete and return the attached application (page 3) , by the appropriate deadline (see page 1), care of:
Douglas County Libraries
9292 Ridgeline Blvd.
Highlands Ranch, CO 80129
Call Lisa at 720-348-9522 with questions.
Other Resources for Writers
New authors often have many questions about how best to finish, publish and market their books. Lisa is always happy to meet with new authors.