Online Learning 24/7eLearning is a collection of online resources and services, accessible anywhere, to help you learn new skills or brush up on old ones. Whether you're a student, returning to school, need a new computer skill or just ready to finally speak that foreign language, these resources can help; on your own time, at your own speed.
Lynda.com is an online video training library with thousands of self-paced classes to help you achieve personal and professional skills. Courses cover a variety of topics including public speaking, business and career skills, Microsoft and Adobe products, web development, graphic design, and more. All courses are taught by expert instructors and feature fully searchable transcripts to find quick answers to questions.
- Get started with one of thousands of courses and video tutorials.
- Software including Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint; Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Web design with web graphics, interactive design and prototyping
- Social media and web publishing with Facebook, Twitter and Wordpress
- Business and career skills on productivity, marketing and time management
- Job search tools including resume design, searching for positions and working with recruiters
Please note: Our library subscription doesn't allow the use of the lynda.com mobile app.
Online Homework Help
- Live homework help
- Skills building
- 24-hour writing lab
- From algebra to AP physics
- SAT & ACT assistance
- Spanish-speaking tutors available
Adult Learning Center
- Live help for adults
- Pass the GED
- Prepare for the US citizenship test
- Write a winning resume
- Microsoft Office help
- Career resources
Online Continuing Education
From photography to accounting, Excel to creative writing, Universal Class offers courses across a wide spectrum of interests. Whether you're interested in enhancing your career or satisfying a long-held interest, these classes can work around your schedule and be taken at your own pace. Continuing education certificates are also available upon completion. Take an online course and get started achieving your lifelong learning goals.
Online Language Learning
- Over 60 foreign languages
- 17 ESL courses taught in their native language
- Native speakers
- Spanish, Japanese, Mandarin Chinese & more
- No downloading
- Now available as an app for iOS, Android and Kindle Fire devices
TumbleBooks - eBooks for Kids
- Access animated, talking picture books
- Use animation, sound, music & narration with picture books
- Available in English, French, Spanish and in bilingual titles
- Contains read-along chapter books, non-fiction titles and videos from National Geographic
Tech Tutoring - One-on-One
Douglas County Libraries is pleased to offer to our patrons one-on-one tutoring to learn basic computer skills or for ereader assistance. Just fill out a short questionnaire to set up a time for a one-on-one session with a Library staff member and you will be contacted to schedule your session.
College, Career and Test Prep [Testing and Education Reference Center]
- Over 300 practice tests and courses
- GED, college-prep [SAT, ACT], and graduate entrance exams [GRE, GMAT, MCAT and LSAT]
- Information on over 4,000 accredited schools
- Licensing tests for law enforcement, real estate, postal service & more
- More than $8 billion in scholarship information