3M Cloud eReader Help
3M Cloud Library Service - eReaders
You can check out titles from Douglas County Libraries via our innovative partnership with 3M. You can browse titles, checkout, read, and transfer them to your eReader.
What you need
- A Windows or MAC PC (coming soon), and/or a compatible eReader (Nook, KindleFire, etc.)
- 3M's Cloud Library app
- Your Douglas County Library card # and PIN (usually the last four digits of your telephone number)
How it Works
1. Install software
Go to our homepage, click on the blue “Downloadables” button, and scroll down to 3M. Click on the 3M Cloud Library icon.
Download the 3M Cloud Library app to your Windows PC or MAC (coming soon) in order to read your title and/or download to your eReader.
Enter Login information: “Select State/Country” (choose Colorado) and “Please select your library” (choose any Douglas County Library).
Enter your Douglas County Library card number for “ID” and your PIN for “Password.”
Agree to End User License Agreement and click “Login.”
2. Browse, checkout, download
Select the title you wish to read, and Checkout. Browse DCL’s titles three ways by choosing options from the top menu:
- “Shelves” displays select titles for quick browsing; just choose the cover of the book you want to see in more detail. You can also view it in “list view.”
- “Categories” breaks down the collection into various types and then further narrows them to genres or subjects. The “Filter” button allows you to limit your search to books available for checkout.
- “Search” lets you find specific titles or find works by specific authors.
To download to your eReader make sure the desktop app is open, connect your device, go to the List View, click on download, and you’re done!
“My Books” will show you the books you have checked out and allow you to monitor your account. Books checked out will appear in this window after download. Just click on the cover to start reading.
Your holds will also appear here, letting you keep track of what is ready for check out and what is still waiting to arrive.
Note: Currently 3M is unable to provide Hold Notifications. Please check your account regularly to see if an item on hold is available for download.
You may not renew your items, but they may be able to be checked out again after your loan has ended and no one else is waiting for the eBook. You may also place it on hold.
4. Returning material early
Open your desktop app and login. Click on list view, find your title, and click on the Check In box.