3M Cloud Tablet Help
3M Cloud Library Service - Tablet/Smart Phone
Using your iPod Touch, iPhone, iPad OR an Android tablet or smart phone, you can check out titles from Douglas County Libraries via our innovative partnership with 3M.
What you need
- An iPod Touch/iPhone/iPad OR an Android tablet or smart phone
- The free 3M Cloud Library app from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store
- Your Douglas County library card number and PIN (usually the last four digits of your telephone number)
How it works
1. Install software
Download the 3M Cloud Library app from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store for free.
Install and open app.
Enter Login information: “Select State/Country” (choose Colorado) and “Please select your library” (choose any Douglas County Library).
Enter your Douglas County Library card number for “ID” and your PIN for “Password.”
Agree to End User License Agreement and click “Login.”
2. Browse, check out, download
Select the title you wish to read, and Checkout. Browse DCL’s titles three ways by choosing options from the top menu:
- “Shelves” displays select titles for quick browsing; just choose the cover of the book you want to see in more detail. You can also view it in “list view.”
- “Categories” breaks down the collection into various types and then further narrows them to genres or subjects. The “Filter” button allows you to limit your search to books available for checkout.
- “Search” lets you find specific titles or find works by specific authors.
To checkout, click the cover photo of your book, and in the next screen, click the green “Check Out” box. Your book will download to your device automatically, and it will appear in “My Books.”
“My Books” will show you the books you have checked out and allow you to monitor your account. Books checked out will appear in this window after download. Just click on the cover to start reading.
Your holds will also appear here, letting you keep track of what is ready for check out and what is still waiting to arrive.
Note: Currently 3M is unable to provide Hold Notifications. Please check your account regularly to see if an item on hold is available for download.
You may not renew your items, but they may be able to be checked out again after your loan has ended and no one else is waiting for the eBook. You may also place it on hold.
4. Returning Items Early
From “My Books” choose “list view” in the “Currently Reading” window. Select the book you want to return and click on the Check In box.