How to Install Bluefire Reader on a Kindle Fire
The following steps walk you through how to install the Bluefire Reader on your Kindle Fire.Before you begin, open this page in the browser on your Kindle Fire.
- Tap "Settings" on your Kindle Fire (it's the icon that looks like a gear in the upper right-hand corner)
- Tap the "More" icon
- Scroll down and tap the setting for "Device"
- In the Device tab, set the option for "Allow Installation of Applications" to ON. Tap OK when you see the Warning prompt
- Tap here to download the Bluefire Reader APK (the Android app)
- Once the app has finished downloading, tap the Menu icon at the bottom of the screen and tap Downloads
- Tap on the file named "BluefireReader.apk"
- The Fire will ask, "Do you want to install this application?"
- Tap "Install"
- The installation process will start...
- After the installation is complete, you can click Open to begin using the Bluefire Reader or click Done
- The Bluefire Reader is now in your Apps collection
- To create an ID, visit this Adobe page.
To download an eBook:
- Use the browser on your device to find eBooks by doing a search in the catalog, selecting only eContent below the search box, or clicking one of the logos on our eContent Publishers page.
- Enter your library barcode and PIN when prompted. The book will be added to the Checked Out Items of eContent Titles listed under My Account.
- Click the link for Checked Out Items under eContent Titles.
- Click the Download button associated with the eBook you want.
- Complete the action by Downloading to Bluefire Reader. The Bluefire app will open and begin downloading the book.
- After the eBook is finished downloading, select Go To Library if you want to see eBooks on your Fire or Read Now to open your eBook and begin reading.