How to Install iDCL Reader on an Android Device
The following steps walk you through how to install the iDCL Reader on your Android phone or tabletInstall iDCL Reading App
- In the Google Play Store (formerly known as the Android Market), install the iDCL Reader.
Note: Before downloading an eBook, you must authorize this app with an Adobe ID.
Create an Adobe ID
- To create an ID, visit this Adobe page.
- Open iDCL Reader, then tap the Info icon in the bottom right.
- On the next screen, under Enable Adobe eBooks, use your Adobe ID to authorize the iDCL Reader.
To download an eBook:
- Use the browser on your device to find eBooks with a search in the catalog, selecting only eContent below the search box, or clicking one of the logos on our eContent Publishers page.
- Enter your library barcode and PIN and click Checkout This Title. The book will be added to the Checked Out Items of eContent Titles listed under My Account.
- Click the link for Checked Out Items under eContent Titles.
- Click the Download button associated with the eBook you want.
- Complete the action by downloading to the iDCL Reader. The iDCL app will open and begin downloading the book.
- After the eBook is finished downloading, select Read Now to open your eBook and begin reading.