What’s the Materials Request Form?
The form you use to request the purchase or the borrowing of an item you were not able to find in the Douglas County Library catalog is called the Materials Request Form. The item you may want could be a new book, or an obscure book, a CD, or DVD. Before you fill out the form, please double check the DC Library catalog to make sure that we don't already own it, and then go to the Materials Request Form to fill out your request. (You must be logged in to create a materials request.) Once you submit your request we will decide if we want to purchase it or borrow the item from another library (an Interlibrary Loan or ILL).
Here’s the fine print:
- No more than 5 requests may be made each week.
- You may request microform and magazine articles through the materials request form as well.
- Including your email address allows us to send you status updates.
- Items borrowed from other libraries generally only check out for approximately one circulation for 3 weeks and sometimes less.
- To track the status of your requests, go to Request Tracker.
- Materials Requests and Interlibrary Loan services are provided to Douglas County residents only. We are pleased to provide nonresidents access to materials in our collections, but for these enhanced services, you will need to visit your local library.
If you need help filling out the Materials Request Form see your local librarian.
Click here to see the status of your request.