What’s the Materials Request Form?
It’s the form that you use to request that we purchase or borrow that item that you couldn’t find in the catalog. Could be a new book, CD or DVD that we haven’t ordered, could be that obscure book that we may borrow for you. Once you submit your request on the Materials Request Form, we'll decide if we want to buy it or borrow it from another library (what we call Interlibrary Loan or ILL). Before you fill out the form, please double check the catalog to make sure that we don't own it. Then Go to the Materials Request Form and we’ll get working! Click here to see the status of your request. Here’s the fine print:
- ONE request per title please.
- Microform and magazine article requests need to be filled out in your local library branch.
- Including your email address will allow us to send you status updates.
- Items borrowed from other libraries only check out for approximately one circulation period, or 3 weeks.
- To track the status of your requests, go to Request Tracker.
- Beginning February 1, 2011, Materials Requests and Interlibrary Loan services are provided to Douglas County residents only. We are pleased to provide nonresidents access to materials in our collections, but for these enhanced services, you will need to visit your local library.