How Do I
These are specialized databases which we subscribe to which are not available on Google® or other common search engines. They include online encyclopedias, periodical indexes, business directories and other resources. They are broken down by subject to help you find exactly what you need. With your library card, you have free access to these online tools from home, school, or office, as well as inside the library. See a complete list of our databases.
iGuides are topical lists which will link you to information from a broad range of sources including article databases, our library catalog, our local community, and of course the World Wide Web. Click here to access them. Check back often and watch our list grow.
- Enter your search term in the search box located in the top center of the webpage.
- Click the red arrow.
- The left-hand column will list magazine and newspaper articles pulled from our subscription databases.
- The central column will list books, dvds, and other materials found in the Douglas County Libraries online catalog.
- In the right column you may limit your search further.
- Getting too many results?
Rooms are available to all groups regardless of their beliefs or affiliations. There is no charge for the use of a room, however, for-profit groups are asked to make a donation to the Douglas County Libraries Foundation. Meeting rooms can be reserved up to a year in advance. Reserve a room by calling 303-791-READ or book online.
Quiet Study Rooms
- Accommodate 1-6 people depending on the room.
- Available for individual study or small groups for a maximum of 2 hours, in a week and one month in advance.
- Can be extended if no one is waiting.
- You can reserve a room online or by calling 303-791-READ (7323).
- Due to large demand for these rooms, your room may be given to another group if you are more than 15 minutes late for your reserved time.
Booking a Quiet Study Room
- Select room you would like to book. Note branch name in front of the room. You can mouse over the room to see the configuration.
- Select date you need.
- No time available on that day? Click on another study room in that branch.
- Click beginning time and ending time of meeting; the boxes in between will automatically be checked. You will be limited to two hours.
- Click the “Continue” button.
- Fill in the form. The “Reservation Name” and “Contact Person’s Name” can be the same.
- Click the “Verify Request” button.
- Click the “Submit Request” button.
- Click the “Home” button to return to our home page or “Another Request” button to make another reservation.
Ready to book a study room? Click here.
See your branch location page for more information about your library meeting rooms.