How Do I
PSM & Parker Library offer free, one-on-one software training classes, as follows:
- Introduction to Computers/Windows
- Managing your Files/Folders
- Introduction to Internet
- Searching the Internet
- Introduction to E-Mail
- Basic/Intermediate Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher and PowerPoint
- E-book training
Please call the library to schedule the training: 303-791-7323 (option 3).
Staff is also available to offer offsite training to local businesses on our subscribed databases tailored to your interests. Please call 303-791-7323 for more information.
Douglas County Libraries do not require registration for storytimes. You may drop into any session at any library that is convenient for you. Click here to access our New Storytime Website where you can see storytime hours and locations.
Library Computers and Wireless Access
Douglas County Libraries offers computer and Internet access to the public, free of charge, at all library locations. Anyone, regardless of age or residency, can use a library computer. Each library is also equipped for wireless Internet access.
Using a Library Computer
- A patron can use a library computer for 30 minutes at a time, using a library card. Computer Guest Passes are available to patrons who are visiting our libraries.
- The 30-minute reservation will be automatically extended for 10-minute increments if no one else is waiting to use the computer.
- When all computers are in use, you can make a reservation for the next available computer.
- Patrons are limited to two (2) library computer use sessions per day.
- Computers are available on a first-come/first-served basis; no advance reservations are offered.
- Library computers may not be used for any illegal activity or to access information that is considered inappropriate for access in a public environment.
- A patron’s activities on a library computer are not recorded nor stored on the computer hard drive.
- Library computers are rebooted at the close of each user session. This erases all of the information about activities on those computers.
- Free wireless Internet access is available at all Library District locations.
- The wireless network is not secure. Please be advised that information may be captured by anyone with a wireless device and appropriate software.
- Printing is not available through wireless access.
- Douglas County assumes no responsibility for the safety of user’s equipment, security or data files.
Printing and Downloading From a Library Computer
- You can print pages from the library computers. Black and white copies are $.10 per page, or $.20 double-sided. Color copies are $1 per page where offered.
- Personal computers cannot be connected to the library printers.
- Information can be downloaded or saved from a library computer to a portable drive (USB, Flash, keychain drive, etc.). Douglas County Libraries is not responsible for loss or damage to downloaded data, files or hardware.
- In accordance with State and Federal laws, all library Internet computers are filtered to screen out obscene and sexually explicit websites. Library computers designated for use by youth are more strictly filtered in accordance with the Federal Children's Internet Protection Act (CIPA) and Colorado's Internet Protection Act.
- No filtering system is infallible. Douglas County Libraries does not assume responsibility for the accuracy of its Internet filters. Parents have the right and responsibility to monitor their children's use of the library computers and the Internet to ensure their safety.
For more information about using library computers, please contact Douglas County Libraries at 303-791-7323 or ask a member of the library staff.